Job Location: US-DC-Washington
Posted Date: 4/3/2013
The Program Integration and Partnership Data Manager is responsible for providing comprehensive program development support across the areas of work under the Strategic Partnerships Department, including financial, data, and operational management. As a member of the Strategic Partnerships and Alliances Team, the primary work of the Program Integration and Partnership Data Manager is to help drive the development of the systems and processes necessary to successfully execute, monitor, inventory, and assess the work of the Department, as well as track partnership work happening throughout the union. In addition, this role will ensure integration of financial, operational, and information management functions across the programs of the Department to ensure it is operating at optimal efficiency.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities: Perform a wide range of duties assigned by the International Union, including but not limited to the following:
- Manages and maintains portfolio of partner organizations, including memorandums of understanding, contributions, evaluations, and other relevant information for the Strategic Partners Department and for the larger needs of the Int’l union.
- Assists in the implementation, monitoring, and analysis of data collection and management systems for the Department.
- Assists in the development, collection, inventory, and distribution of tools, resources, models, and best practices for building and strengthening strategic partnerships used by Local unions, partners, staff, etc.
- Participates in and helps with budget preparation for Strategic Partnerships Department, including support to departments and Divisions contributions budget.
- Participates in the preparation and provides consistent monitoring of Department’s budget, including reviewing employee generated costs and partner / fund contributions. Identifies areas to streamline, reduce expenses and implement changes.
- Manages system for partner contribution requests process across the Int’l, and facilitates requests for the Department.
- Coordinates with Strategic Partnerships Director, Deputy Director, Legal, Accounting, Logistics, and Human Resources regarding all operational needs of the Department (including staffing, equipment, events, etc.).
- Serves as a representative for the department in meetings related to operations and administration at the Int’l, as well as in coalition meetings, when necessary.
- Manages the preparation of proposals and contracts (i.e. request for proposals and memorandums of understanding), agenda items, supporting information for presentation and other written materials as needed.
- Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Includes SEIU staff, affiliate staff, local union officials, SEIU consultants and other coalitions
Direction and Decision Making:
This positions reports to Strategic Partnerships Director.
- B.A. degree and 3 years of related work experience in budget preparation and monitoring; at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Ability to manage staff.
- Experience working with partner organizations, maintaining organizational relationships, and working effectively within partner coalitions/alliances.
- Thorough knowledge of administrative and financial operations.
- Thorough knowledge of labor unions / community organizations and operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data; interpret financial records; detect errors; and prepare financial reports.
- Ability to work independently and develop and maintain relationships with all levels of staff, both headquarters and field.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office, including software for tracking budgets and disbursements.
- This position requires a high level of judgment, leadership and commitment to the goals of SEIU and its leaders.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to conduct research, collect data and make sound analysis.
- Ability to organize and track data efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of judgment with minimal supervision.
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Extended hours and travel required.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dcrdynh