SEIU Local 1000, a progressive public sector labor union is seeking applicants for a management position as a Political Coordinator in Southern California for our Political Field Department. Applicants will live and breathe union political and community organizing, and be experienced in member engagement and leadership development program. If you’re an experienced political/community organizer who has trained, directed and led organizers and program, led member engagement/ leadership program, a tireless advocate for the rank-and-file, and excel at both strategy and tactics, please apply. The ideal candidate will be experienced in leading union political and community programs, cross departmental coordination, excels in training others, has lead a team of dedicated union organizers and Member Political Organizers (MPOs), and can be creative in mobilizing volunteers, and an expert at running campaigns.
We represent 95,000 California state employees in nine different bargaining units. Represented employees include professionals, educators, nurses and administrative and support employees. Local 1000 has approximately 230 employees who work in six offices throughout the state.
This position works at the direction of the Political Field Director.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead a team of political organizers.
- Manage statewide program in Southern California region.
- Plan and implement political and community campaigns.
- Train, develop and direct political and community activities.
- Develop member engagement programs.
- Lead leadership development programs.
- Coordinate political and community programs across departments
- Maintain regional political organizing program.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years experience in political campaigns.
- 2 years experience leading or managing political/community program, assignments, projects and timelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport and credibility with diverse demographic groups, as well as with professional, technical, administrative and service workers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
- Valid driver’s license, car and insurance.
Submit your information including a cover letter, resume and current salary.
Cover letters should describe your qualifications, experience and career goals, as well as a brief description of why you want to work to realize Local 1000’s vision for building a strong union.
SEIU is committed to building a diverse workforce. We offer excellent benefits, including fully paid health benefits for employee and family, liberal paid time off and competitive salary. All applicants must be able to furnish proof of authorization to work in the United States.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/232t5gs