SEIU Local 1107
Las Vegas, Nevada
Summary: SEIU Local 1107 in Las Vegas, Nevada, is recruiting as Political Coordinator with experience leading political campaigns for unions, progressive advocacy groups, or other campaigns.
Job Description: The Political Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the union’s political work. This may include:
* Acting as the primary day-to-day contact between the Union and municipal, county, state and federal elected officials and staff.
* Acting as the primary day-to-day contact between the Union and Central Labor Council staff leaders to coordinate the Union’s involvement in the legislative, electoral, and solidarity programs of the broader labor movement.
* Developing and implementing a plan to engage members of the union in grassroots electoral and legislative political activities.
* Creating a COPE fundraising plan and working with representational staff to ensure it is carried out.
* Monitoring municipal, county and state politics and policy issues and develops strategic options for Union action.
* Coordinating strategic legislative campaigns (including working with external consultants) and participating in statewide planning on electoral activities.
* Building community, political, religious support for organizing projects and political or issue campaigns.
Job Qualifications: Three years or more of combined organizing and political experience with one or more of the following types of organizations: labor unions, progressive issue advocacy organizations, community organizations, political campaigns and progressive elected officials. Additionally:
* Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of issue and legislative campaigns
* Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of public policy analysis
* Proven ability to lead staff and members, while being a team player.
* Proven ability to “multitask” and effectively manage multiple high-priority projects at once.
* Excellent analytical and writing ability
* Computer literacy
* Travel is required with this position
Preferences: Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/fx8j8xc