Job Location: US-DC-Washington
Posted Date: 4/4/2013
The Political Capacity Division Coordinator Lead the Political Capacity Program within one of the three SEIU industry Divisions (Public Services, Property Services and Healthcare) including COPE fundraising the development of Member Political Organizer (MPO) leaders, volunteer political activist mobilization capacity, COPE fundraising, and other program elements as needed for building the permanent independent political power of SEIU members and allies. Work in close partnership with senior staff from assigned Division as well as other SEIU Departments and Local Unions leaders and senior staff to ensure political capacity development is fully integrated in union-wide and Division-specific program and campaigns. Work with SEIU campaign staff and external partners to build long-term political capacity of partner organizations on the ground.
- Develop and implement division-specific strategic plans for political capacity including measurable goals for COPE fundraising, MPO leader development, and volunteer political activism, and other political infrastructure building. Bottom-line responsible for meeting these goals in assigned Division.
- Partner with Division senior staff and Division assigned staff from Leadership in Action for Justice Department to fully integrate Political Capacity programming and goals in the overall Division and leadership development programs.
- Partner with Division senior staff and Local leaders to drive accountability to union-wide and Division capacity goals.
- Manage a budget for strategic investment in locals including lost-time, phone & mail programs, and other funding to support COPE, MPO development programs, and other long-term political infrastructure building.
- Drive Division participation and progress to goals on union-wide COPE/Capacity blitzes.
- Drive Political Capacity program directly with key local unions within assigned Division
- Work in a close team with the other Division Capacity Coordinators and the Political Capacity Director to design and implement the overall union-wide program to engage members in politics, strengthen mobilization capacity, design leadership development programs, expand COPE participation, build capacity of key external partners, and other work as needed to build permanent independent political power for SEIU members and key allies.
- Collect, share, and implement best practices across the Division.
The Political Capacity Division Coordinator works with senior staff in the assigned Division to ensure Political Capacity is fully integrated in Division and union-wide program and campaigns. The Coordinator communicates with key leaders and senior staff from local unions in the assigned Division to ensure local partnership and to support work of the department. S/he works in close partnership with other capacity team coordinators and director to develop overall capacity program and with political campaign field staff to ensure capacity building is integrated in external campaigns.
Direction & Decision Making:
Political Capacity Division Coordinator report to the Political Capacity Director and has a large degree of decision making authority on capacity program within their assigned division.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience working with political campaigns, labor or other similar non-profit organizations.
- Proven experience holding self and others accountable to aggressive, measurable goals.
- Knowledge of political campaigns and labor unions.
- Experience in a leadership role on political campaigns or in developing and implementing program in a labor union or other comparable organization.
- Experience leading effective trainings.
- Ability to manage and develop staff and hold staff accountable for meeting goals.
- Political / non-profit small donor fundraising.
- Experience managing volunteer recruitment, mobilization, and skill development programs.
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and superiors and use relationships to help achieve program goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Development of strategic plans with clear measurable goals.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver on deadlines.
- Ability to analyze data and use analysis to inform program development and implementation.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5k3bzvc