Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative support for professional office of 8-10 professionals. Act as the principal liaison with office vendors, landlord, security company and local caterers.
- Compile reports on Capital Hill Members and Committees. Files monthly reports on PAC activities with the FEC. and prepare information for presentations. File monthly reports on PAC activities with the FEC.
- Serves as point of contact in the D.C. office for hotels, transportation, restaurants, etc., for visiting executives and sales force.
- Performs receptionist duties for office. Answers phones and greets guests.
- Plan, organize/coordinate meetings, and advanced travel arrangements. File expense reports.
- Support annual company fundraising campaigns.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of FEC, PAC and political sensitivities of a D.C. office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments while handling multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interface with senior executives, internal customers and/or government agencies
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school graduate, Associate’s degree preferred
- 2-5 years of administrative office experience or equivalent.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Day and Zimmermann
www.dayzim.com – Day & Zimmermann’s 24,000 employees provide industrial, defense and workforce solutions to a broad base of commercial and government customers. Operating from more than 150 worldwide locations with 2.2 Billion USD in revenues, the Day & Zimmermann family of companies is currently ranked as one of the largest private companies in America by Forbes and is a former winner of the U.S. National Family Business of the Year award. Founded in 1901 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, Day & Zimmermann companies today provide engineering, construction and maintenance services, security services, and staffing services to businesses and government agencies, and munitions production, equipment maintenance and facilities management services to the Department of Defense.
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over 110 years of the diversity of our people and businesses, commitment to success and delivering on our promises.