New York Congressman Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) is seeking unpaid Interns for the fall semester, preferably to begin in mid-January and finish in June. Interns will:
• Assist with office administrative tasks including, sorting incoming mail, greeting visitors, and answering the telephone.
• Assist in the preparation of constituent responses, bills, and amendments.
• Perform legislative research.
• Respond to requests from constituents.
• Attend briefings, hearings, and special events where they may have the opportunity to meet with Members of Congress, leaders of industry, and the press.
• Gain valuable Hill experience and learn about the federal legislative process.
Currently, Congressman Jerrold Nadler represents New York’s 10th Congressional District, which includes the residents of most of the Upper West Side, Lower Manhattan and sections of Brooklyn. Congressman Nadler serves on the Judiciary Committee and on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, where he is the highest ranking member from New York. He is the Ranking member of the Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice.
Please e-mail or fax a resume, brief cover letter, and 1-2 page writing sample to: Email: email@example.com. Fax: 202-225-6923.