Girls on the Run of Northern Virginia is looking for an Executive Director (ED) to lead the organization and work with the Board of Directors to achieve the organization’s mission of preparing girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. The ED is responsible for the continued development and implementation of the overall strategy and vision for the Girls on the Run of Northern Virginia program and all organizational and operational aspects including its administration, financial operations, revenue generation, program development and activities, personnel management, and strategic planning. The ED reports to the Girls on the Run of Northern Virginia local Board of Directors and works with a current staff of seven as well as key stakeholders, partners, sponsors, and schools.
This is a unique opportunity for a strong leader with a passion for and commitment to improving the lives of and opportunities for girls in third through eighth grades.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Partnership Development & Fundraising
• Advocate and generate visibility and support for the mission, vision and goals of Girls on the Run of Northern Virginia.
• Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, funders, partners, community liaisons, and other relevant external organizations.
• Drive the overall fundraising strategy by developing and executing strategies that ensure a sustainable and diverse funding stream and effectively leverage the expertise and contacts of the Board. Meet specific annual fundraising goals.
Program Development & Strategic Planning
• Plan, in coordination with the Board and staff, the direction and leadership of the overall program.
• Support senior program staff to cultivate strong relationships with coaches, parents, participants, volunteers, and sponsors.
• Assess competitive program offerings and develop and articulate key program differentiators.
• Develop and implement pricing models for the program and 5K event that ensure the long-term sustainability of the organization.
• Ensure successful implementation of the GOTR NOVA 2014-16 Strategic Plan.
• Seek opportunities for alternative methods and/or locations for program delivery.
• Ensure effective and efficient financial management and oversight working closely with senior finance staff and the Board of Directors.
• Assess financial assistance strategies to ensure financial sustainability of the organization and fulfillment of the mission.
• Identify and leverage opportunities to diversify and grow revenue streams.
Board Development & Engagement
• Work closely with the Board of Directors to leverage its skills, influence, and relationships to assist in Board development and effective fundraising efforts.
• Collaborate with the Board to ensure effective execution of organizational strategy.
• Develop and present to the Board strategic and operational plans with measurable goals.
• Work with the Board of Directors to conduct effective, on-going Board recruitment based on needs, profiles, and term limits.
• Educate Board members on the organization’s mission, programs, and financials.
• Oversee and support the professional development of existing staff, and ensure an effective team working toward organizational goals.
• Develop and foster a strong and productive relationship with Girls on the Run International.
• Develop relationships with the local media and serve as Girls on the Run of Northern Virginia’s primary contact to market the program and build additional community support.
• Oversee development and implementation of PR and communication plans including social media and website. Develop and effectively articulate how the organization brings value to the community.
• Oversee risk mitigation strategies related to the program, the 5K, and the organization.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable engaging in both strategic activities and taking a hands-on role with program execution and administrative management.
• Demonstrated experience effectively leading an organization or effectively managing a fee-based program for a non-profit organization, social enterprise, or small business preferred.
• Passion for the Girls on the Run of Northern Virginia mission, and the ability to effectively communicate messages surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and health.
• Ability to initiate, develop, and sustain effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of stakeholders, including the Board of Directors.
• Successful record cultivating diverse funding sources, including individuals, corporations, and foundations.
• Excellent personnel and project management skills.
• Prior experience as a public spokesperson, or outstanding verbal and inter-personal skills, with an ability to build awareness and generate interest in a cause or organization.
• Entrepreneurial and energetic spirit with experience leading and motivating small teams.
• Comfortable with an organizational culture that promotes balance between work and life.
• Prior experience with a headquarters/affiliate program delivery model is a plus.
• Bachelors Degree required and a minimum of ten years of professional experience with increasing responsibility.
• Strong connections to the Northern Virginia community.
About Girls on the Run of Northern Virginia
Girls on the Run of Northern Virginia is a curriculum-based after school program for girls in grades 3 through 8 that prepares girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living while training them to run or walk a celebratory 5K event. The organization’s goal is to engage the entire community to positively impact the health and well-being of the girls of Northern Virginia, and the coaches who serve them.
Girls on the Run of Northern Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter with your application. To apply, please click visit: http://leaderfit.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=3513859. For more information, please contact Shaina Amaya, Principal at LeaderFit: firstname.lastname@example.org.