Director of Institutional Advancement
Since 1973, Jubilee Housing has provided safe, affordable housing and supportive services to low-income citizens in the Adams-Morgan neighborhood of Washington D.C. Currently Jubilee Housing owns and manages almost 300 units of affordable rental units while providing a range of supportive services to its residents including after school youth services as well as adult employment and education services. See our web site at: www.jubileehousing.org.
Jubilee Housing is nearing completion of a $57M building renovation project which includes a $9 million capital campaign that expands housing and services to a new scale for the organization. Jubilee is seeking an experienced Director of Institutional Advancement to provide leadership to senior management and the board of directors as a new resource development platform is designed and implemented.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
The Director of Institutional Advancement is responsible for the overall planning and implementation of a strategy for broadening and strengthening a diverse donor base of individuals, foundations, corporate giving, and public sector relationships in support of the overall mission of the organization. The Director will report to the President and work closely with the Board of Directors to ensure that an effective communication strategy positions the organization to grow its resource base sufficiently to support delivery of services to Jubilee Housing customers.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
• Lead the development of a new resource development platform that strategically accesses support from a diverse range of private and public partners
• Develop an integrated fundraising strategy that includes individual giving, foundation and private and corporate support
• Identify, cultivate and steward high potential donors to support the mission of the organization
• Identify and cultivate corporate and foundation giving whose funding priorities are consistent with Jubilee Housing’s mission.
• Support the Board (particularly the Fundraising Committee) in achieving Board fundraising targets
• Develop and execute both an internal and external strategic marketing and communications plan for the institution
• Oversee all of the marketing and communications activity within the organization
• Support securing funding for real estate development projects.
• Ensures compliance with all fund reporting requirements.
• Manage the development team, ensuring their activities are consistent with the fundraising strategy and help the organization achieve its goals
• Ensure the development activity is achieving the maximum return on investment for the organization
• Serve as a liaison between partner organizations and Jubilee Housing programs
• Work with the finance office to develop and manage the contributed revenue budget
• Represent Jubilee Housing to a variety of external constituents including an advocacy and community relations role
Bachelor’s degree required: Master’s degree preferred;
Senior leadership experience leading a development team;
5+ years of successful advancement experience, with major gifts and
Track record of individual gift development, foundation proposals, as well
as program planning and implementation
Experience with developing and managing internal and external
communications plans– including website and social media
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge and familiarity with business of non profit housing development
Strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to details
Ability to interact diplomatically with all levels of the organization,
community and outside vendors
Experience supervising others; ability to motivate others to achieve goals
and objectives, and foster high morale among team
Strong support of the Jubilee Housing mission
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, health and dental insurance and a matched contribution retirement plan.
Please email a resume and cover letter with your compensation history, salary requirements, and description of specifically why you are an ideal candidate. Include in your cover letter how you learned of this position. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please call Martin Mellett at 202 299-1240 ext # 835.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 24, 2014