Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Director, External Affairs
New Orleans, LA
Job ID: MD20132706-19756
The Director of External Affairs is responsible for the design and implementation of strategies including grassroots & grass tops organizing, supporter engagement, communications, state legislation & policy development, donor identification & cultivation and coalition development.
The Director of External Affairs will work closely with the Senior Director to help convene and strengthen this highly complex, multi-stakeholder project involving affiliates, National Office staff, health centers, advocacy, policy and coalition partners leading to effective execution, clear progress tracking, goal setting and success of this significant project. The Director of External Affairs Is a member of all standing strategic planning meetings and teams.
The Director of External Affairs, reporting to the Senior Director will advise (and in some cases manage) the State Directors, and provide counsel to their staff which includes outreach coordinators & patient benefit coordinators.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• In coordination with local affiliate grantees, Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s organizing and policy teams and State Directors, advises and oversees the development and implementation of identifying and engaging grassroots supporters, coalition partners, community allies, including but not limited to partnerships with universities, community organizations and hospitals to build local support and expand our advocacy base.
• Provides leadership and management to State Directors including their staff (outreach coordinators & patient outreach/benefit coordinators) and consultants as appropriate. Engages with key policy, organizing and communications staff in other states to promote project goals.
• Coordinates the identification and selection of affiliate grantees, designing and managing donor reporting and monitoring affiliate compliance of grant terms.
• Engages in health center location scoping and related proposal work as advised by Senior Director and drives and encourages efforts to facilitate consistent branding and research in health centers
• Works closely with Training Director and Senior Director in the development and implementation of on-site benefit enrollment programs to build enrollment functions/staffing in health centers including but not limited to the affiliate grantees for programs including: Medicaid, WIC, subsidized insurance plans and HIV care coordination.
• Extensive travel throughout the Southeastern US and to the National Offices in Washington, DC and New York City.
For a full position description and to apply, please visit:http://bit.ly/10plo2J