Democracy Corps / Citizen Opinion Administrator
Democracy Corps is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to making the government of the United States more responsive to the American people. It was founded in 1999 by James Carville and Stanley Greenberg. Democracy Corps seeks to play a vital role in shaping the political debate, providing research, strategic advice, and a public voice to the issues important to the American people. It acts as a resource for unions, public interest organizations, and party and congressional leaders who are working for a more responsive government.
Citizen Opinion is a new nonpartisan, nonprofit research and educational organization dedicated to performing and disseminating cutting edge research on public understanding of, and learning about, public policy issues; how complex economic and social policy problems can be explained to citizens by their elected leaders; and about how progressive policy solutions to those problems are received and understood by citizens.
These organizations are seeking an Administrator to manage day-to-day operations and serve their needs in a variety of ways:
• Donor management and development, including writing grants and proposals, organizing and developing donor contact lists, and maintaining donor relations.
• Communications, including maintaining website, editing copy, and writing and disseminating weekly e-alerts and other company materials.
• Administration, including managing day-to-day operations, maintaining bank ledger, client invoicing, managing vendor relations, and research schedule. The administrator will also be responsible for handling all financial and legal matters in consultation with outsourced attorneys and accountants.
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
• Have strong familiarity with progressive actors in American politics and be familiar with the progressive donor community;
• Have a strong background in American politics; prior campaign or Hill experience is a must;
• Understand and adhere to appropriate regulations relating to both c3 and c4 organizations and donations;
• Understand and be able to communicate effectively the goals and mission of both Democracy Corps and Citizen Opinion.
This position requires someone who:
• Understands politics and the key players
• Has excellent communications skills (including the ability to be persistent nicely).
• Has the ability to collaborate effectively and professionally with challenging personalities.
• Has a proven ability to write grants and proposals.
• Is well organized, attentive to detail, and fiscally responsible.
• Has at least two years of experience in a political or non-profit role.
• Is able to build trust with executives and advance the goals of the organization in a professional manner.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Social Sciences, Communications or related field.
Please send resume with cover letter (include salary requirements) to email@example.com. Please put “Democracy Corps / Citizen Opinion Administrator” as the subject of your e-mail. Submissions without salary requirements will not be considered.