Service Employees International Union (SEIU), the nation’s fastest growing labor organization representing more than 2 million workers, is seeking a Campaign Support Coordinator.
This position is responsible for coordinating the non-direct organizing work of the union that supports the overall organizing and political program and goals of the union.
Completely paid health benefits for employee and eligible dependents, spouse, or domestic partner – including dental, vision and prescription coverage.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluates and supports the work of staff assigned to Campaign Support teams; provide leadership to campaign support staff and assure that plans and work assignments are consistent with the organizing an political goals of SEIU.
- Assists International Union Headquarters based staff in the development of effective national program plans and curriculum to support organizing.
- Assists with the direct implementation of national programs and mobilizations that support organizing (i.e. welfare reform, healthcare reform, solidarity support, etc.)
- Assists in the creation of local union education and health and safety networks that support organizing in the local unions.
- Staffs and assists with the development of state and local SEIU councils to become operating vehicles for political activity and coordinated organizing projects.
- Provides oversight over day-to-day crisis and governance issues such as strikes, trusteeships, disputes and other sensitive issues.
- Increases the capacity for local unions’ organizing programs by working with local unions to develop alternative and effective operation systems, representation models and member involvement programs.
- Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Education and Experience
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in labor relations or a combination of experience and education that will allow for the development of organizing and political situations which support SEIU goals and objectives
- Thorough knowledge of labor program planning and development
- Knowledge of strategies and techniques used by SEIU to organize division workers.
- Knowledge of unions and their issues.
- Knowledge of bargaining, organizing and organizational management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to make formal presentations and write advocacy papers.
- Ability to use personal computer.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects and meet established timelines.
- Ability to work effectively with elected leaders and staff in complex and sometime political situations.
- Ability to conduct training sessions.
- Ability to communicate political and policy priorities to SEIU members.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/938c9fj