Job Title: Business Development Associate
Practice: Provider Client Solutions
Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere’s experts span 180 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies, major medical foundations, government agencies, advocacy and patient groups, and other organizations who have a vested stake in an improved healthcare system.
Avalere Health is seeking a Business Development Associate to join our growing Provider Client Solutions Group. The Business Development Associate will prospect new accounts and business through outbound activity (phone calls and emails).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proactively develop relationships with prospective clients and establish interest in Avalere via fluency with value propositions for firm’s products and services
• Leverage all resources including LinkedIn, Data.com, Hoovers, Salesforce.com, Outlook and other third party databases to identify and target key stakeholders and prospective institutions and to track activities and efforts.
• Candidate’s success will be measured quarterly on outbound activity, establishing follow-up meetings for field sales (15 qualified meetings per week), and a series of MBOs tied to conducting sales research and supporting field sales as needed. Working from an assigned list of potential clients, develop qualified leads for the sales team through a variety of resources including phone, email, etc.
• Set up quals presentations and product demonstrations, which will be executed by externally-focused sales personnel.
• Prepare for sales appointments – research prospective institution, consider market priorities
• Recruit for webinars and audio-conferences, including developing target lists for each.
• Partner with Outside Sales and Marketing partners to ensure flawless execution of business objectives
• Establish familiarity with Avalere service offerings to foster and deepen relationships with prospective and existing clients
• Manage reference networking with existing clients – with support from Account Management and Product team, Associate will create and develop list of existing clients to serve as references for prospective clients. This may include outreach and communications with existing clients, facilitating conversations between organizations, and/or developing case studies with Account
• Management/existing clients to leverage in sales outreach.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Natural curiosity and interest in healthcare.
• Self-starter with a passion for sales and the desire to present ideas, gain acceptance, and be accountable.
• Quick study on products with ability to deliver strong sales referrals.
• Demonstrated experience in time management, handling multiple priorities, changing workload and a forward thinker with strong telephone skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management system preferred but not required.
Avalere’s culture is one of close collaboration, candid and constructive feedback, and assignment of responsibilities on the basis of ability and availability, without undue emphasis on rank. We prize curiosity, resilience, a passion for excellence, and a willingness to embrace new challenges. Avalere offers competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with experience. For more information, please visit www.avalerehealth.net.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit electronic or hard copies of the following:
• Cover letter
As part of our interview process, candidates should be ready to deliver a sales demonstration presentation if considered for an in-person interview.
**Please reference the job title and job number 2014-66 in submitted materials.
References should be available upon request.
Please forward the information to:
Avalere Health LLC
1350 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20036
Avalere Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.