The Alfa Fellowship Program is a high-level professional development initiative placing up to 15 American and British citizens per year in work assignments at leading organizations in Russia in the fields of business, economics, journalism, law, public policy and related areas. Key goals of the Alfa Fellowship Program are expanding networks of American, British and Russian professionals, developing greater intercultural understanding, and advancing U.S.-Russian and U.K.-Russian relations.
The Alfa Fellowship Program begins with language training in the U.S. or U.K., followed by a language course in Moscow starting in mid-June. Throughout the summer, Alfa Fellows attend a seminar program with key public and private sector officials to discuss current issues facing Russia. Fellows then work at prominent organizations in Russia, including private companies, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations.
Eligible candidates must have a graduate degree and professional experience in business, economics,
journalism, law, public policy, or a related field. Russian language proficiency is not required, but is preferred. The Fellowship includes a monthly stipend, language training, program-related travel costs, housing and insurance.
– U.S. or U.K. citizen between the ages of 25 and 35
– Graduate degree and professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, government or public policy. Candidates without a graduate degree must demonstrate extensive and equivalent professional experience in their field.
– Outstanding professional achievement and academic qualifications
– Active involvement in community or public service
– Russian language experience is preferred, however not required, at the time of application. Applicants proficient in another second language may be considered.
– Evidence of leadership potential
The application deadline for the Alfa Fellowship Program is December 1. To access the online application, please visit: www.culturalvistas.org/alfa.
For more information about the Alfa Fellowship Program or application process please contact:
Alfa Fellowship Program
440 Park Avenue South, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10016
Tel. (212) 497-3510
Fax. (212) 497-3587
OJSC Alfa-Bank is incorporated, focused and based in Russia, and is not affiliated with U.S.-based Alfa Insurance.