Job Location: US-NY-New York
Posted Date: 4/1/2013
New York, NY (Flexible Location)
This position can also be based in Washington D.C., Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles or San Francisco Bay Area.
Airports Campaign Director
The Airports Campaign Director, as a member of the Property Services Division Senior Team, is responsible for developing and implementing the overall strategy and direction for the Property Services Division’s airports campaign.
- Works closely with Property Services Division and Local Union leaders/staff to develop clearly defined goals for the airports campaign.
- Staffs the Airport Sector Council,,and works within the overall Division structure to implement its decisions and recommendations.
- Develops comprehensive plans and strategies to support the implementation of these campaign goals, and in concert with key Division and Local leaders/staff, directs the work necessary to carry out these plans and strategies.
- Integrates field, research, communications, policy, and other functions into a cohesive, effective campaign.
- Works with the Property Services Field Director, Research Director, Communications Director, and Policy Director to manage and supervise Division staff assigned to the campaign.
- Helps develop and manage the overall budget for the campaign.
- As necessary, coordinates with other SEIU departments, divisions, area offices, state councils, local unions and other bodies on strategy, resource allocation, staffing and other issues related to the campaign.
- Develops relationships and coordinates work with other organizations as needed to effectively carry out campaign plans and strategies.
- Under direction of the Property Services Organizing Director and the Airports Sector Council, maintains relationships with airports industry employers and interacts with employer representatives to further the campaign’s goals.
- Advises the Property Services Organizing Director on political opportunities and strategies created through interaction with other campaigns.
- Advises and makes recommendations to the Property Services Organizing Director around resource allocation and Local campaign budgets based on an analysis of opportunity and campaign capacity.
- As a member of the Property Services Senior Team, helps develop and implement the overall program of the Property Services Division.
- Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Includes SEIU and affiliate staff and elected leaders; staff and leaders of Change to Win and other unions; community and allied organizations, relevant public officials; and experts on Property Services issues.
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the Property Services Organizing Director and the individual must have the ability to work independently.
* Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Labor Relations, Public Administration, Political Science, Liberal Arts or a related field and seven years relevant campaign experience; or a combination of education and experience.
* Thorough knowledge of union organizing theory, strategies, and tactics, particularly in the non-NLRB context.
* Experience directing a union organizing, bargaining, or corporate social responsibility campaign, or a key portion of such a campaign.
* Overall knowledge of field organizing, public corporate social responsibility, and policy campaigns.
* Familiarity with labor relations issues relevant to Property Services Division industries or similar service industries.
* Significant management experience, including leadership, staff supervision, planning and budgeting.
* Extensive knowledge of unions and local union structures, interests, and systems.
* Ability to integrate communications, research, politics, and worker organizing.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet established timelines.
* Ability to work effectively with elected leaders and staff in complex and sometimes politically sensitive situations.
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Must have willingness to work long and irregular hours and travel extensively as needed.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/nsdtkj9