Summary of Position: Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented, driven, diplomatic, and savvy Administrative Manager to ensure that the office of the CXO runs well. In this newly enhanced role, the Administrative Manager will oversee the daily prioritization and execution of the CXO’s duties and support her Senior Director. Working closely with both the CXO and Senior Director, the Manager will provide top-notch organizational and administrative support to help execute the strategic goals and initiatives of the division.
This position reports to the Senior Director and is based in the DC office of PPFA.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the CXO’s schedule to ensure that her time reflects the strategic priorities of her office and division. The Manager oversees end to-end facilitation of all CXO meetings and commitments, including logistics, travel, meeting preparation and development and next steps/takeaways.
- Oversees communication and correspondence for the CXO. Develops and maintains process for composing and editing correspondence, including memos, letters, and emails. Coordinates with other departments as needed to create polished draft communications and memos with limited supervision.
- Provides overall support for the office of the CXO, including administrative support for the CXO and Senior Director and help with special projects, which may include large and small scale conferences, speeches, and new initiatives.
- Coordinates closely with the Office of the President (OOP) and other key points of contact within senior management to ensure alignment in scheduling, messaging, calls, and other events.
- Drafts materials for the CXO for relevant meetings, which may include briefings, notes, and presentation materials (PowerPoint, charts/graphics).
- Manages the schedule for the Senior Director, with particular emphasis on coordinating multi-stakeholder meetings and ensuring she is current with all important/urgent issues that may require the time of the CXO and/or can be redirected to the Senior Director.
- Owns the execution of DC-based and division-wide meetings and events, ensuring that we live our values as a division and promote a fun and collaborative work environment.
- Manages special projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of related work experience, including assistant, advance and/or administrative experience, ideally within a fast-paced context.
- Campaigns, political, and/or not-for-profit experience a plus.
- Strong track record of working effectively with colleagues at all levels and getting things done.
Skills & Attributes:
- Highly organized — demonstrates a sense of ownership (and even has fun) keeping track of to-dos, calendar items, and projects.
- Detail oriented—able to focus on specific details and ensures accuracy in all work.
- Excellent writing skills – strong writer with an ability to speak in the voice of the principal over time.
- Strong sense of responsibility and 100 percent dedicated to ensuring the success of the work.
- Able to think strategically. Understands the work and priorities of the office and ensures that work moves forward according to these priorities.
- Customer service approach – brings strong diplomacy to the work, thinks constantly about how to make things run more efficiently, responds to competing demands appropriately and with respect, and approaches a problem in a “how can I make life easier approach”.
- Unflappable — able to operate effectively and with flexibility in a constantly shifting environment.
- Sense of humor – must be able to laugh at themselves and bring perspective to the work.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood of America does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood Federation of America is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.