An extremely fast paced Federal Affairs office of a Fortune 500 health care company is seeking an outstanding Administrative Assistant to join our team. The role is strictly a temporary or contract position with only an hourly rate of pay and various bonuses. Benefits are not available at this time.
Here are some additional details:
Business Title: Temporary Administrative Assistant – Federal Affairs
Summary: Responsible for providing administrative support to the VP of International Public and Government Affairs and other Legislative Executives.
- Serving as first point of contact for all office inquiries and visitors
- Planning meetings and events for senior staff members
- Coordinating calendars, expenses, and travel logistics, international and domestic, for three Senior Vice Presidents
- Plan and manage an international budget in excess of one million dollars
- Represent the organization in meetings with US Executive Branch officials, Congressional leaders, foreign governments, etc.
- Help build the government affairs capacity in Latin America, Europe, and Asia in coordination with regional colleagues
- Performed research, writing and proofreading tasks as requested
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 to 3 years related experience in an administrative function.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and represent the organization in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear, professional and pleasant manner.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in a highly effective manner.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and possess good organization skills
- Strong team player and be willing to assist department in various tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Above average proficiency of personal computers and software applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
**Professional support staff candidates with corporate, professional services, or government affairs experience who are immediately available are encouraged to send resumes and cover letters along ASAP to DWSTEFAN@GMAIL.COM**.
Ideally, candidates will be able to interview this week and start on 5/23/13.